Metabo HPT MultiVolt Impact Wrench Power
It seems everyone is releasing bigger impact wrenches all of a sudden. The Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4 represents the brand’s entry into the higher-torque stratosphere of percussion tools. Offering both wired and cordless power options, the Metabo HPT MultiVolt 3/4″ High Torque Impact Wrench puts that big torque where you need it, whether you have access to an outlet or not.
10 second summary
- Model: Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4
- Two power options: 36V AC adapter or battery power
- The brushless motor delivers 812 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1328 ft-lbs of nut breaking torque
- Up to 1500 rpm and 2900 BPM
- 3/4 inch. Square drive with friction ring and pin lock
- 4-level speed selection
- Variable speed trigger
- 8.8 kg with battery
- The MultiVolt battery uses 21700 Li-Ion cells for more power
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on tool body
- Price: $339
“Power” is the name of the game for the Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench. First, the great advantage of the MultiVolt system is its adaptability to power options. If you work near an AC power source, you can use the MultiVolt Adapter to plug it into an outlet. While many don’t take advantage of this on smaller power tools, it remains a unique option for users of Metabo HPT tools.
Of course, most will use the Metabo HPT MultiVolt 3/4″ impact wrench with its 36V battery pack. Because these packs use the larger 21700 cells as opposed to the standard 18650 cells, the Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench can add a lot of power to the application. So far we haven’t seen the speed of air impact wrenches in cordless tools, but the power is there.
The Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench features a brushless motor that cranks out up to 812 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1328 ft-lbs of nut-ripping torque. That puts it below the Milwaukee 3/4-inch impact wrench by the numbers, but above the DeWalt DCF897. The Metabo HPT impact wrench offers speeds of up to 1,500 rpm with up to 2,900 bpm. It features 4-level speed selection and variable speed trigger to give you full control over the application.
See our article on the best impact wrenches
Speed and Effect by Mode
- Mode 1: 0-600RPM/0-1200BPM
- 2: 0-900 RPM/0-1800 BPM
- 3: 0-1200RPM/0-2300BPM
- Mode 4: 0-1500 RPM/0-2900 BPM
The Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4 gets an IP56 rating and a heat-resistant bumper to withstand abuse on the job site. An LED light lets you see what you’re doing in dimly lit areas. Finally, the tool looks well balanced. Just a few years ago, impact wrenches felt a bit top-heavy. This tool seems to center itself over the ergonomic handle. We also like that it only weighs 8.8 pounds with the large MultiVolt battery.
The Metabo HPT MultiVolt High Torque Impact Wrench is sold as a mere tool for $339. A lifetime warranty is provided on the tool body.
Metabo HPT MultiVolt impact wrench with high torque
- Model: Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4
- Voltage: 36V
- Drive: 3/4 inch square
- Torque (Fixing): 812 ft-lbs.
- Torque (distance): 1,328 ft-lbs.
- Idle Speeds: 0-600rpm/0-900rpm/0-1200rpm/0-1500rpm
- Beat Rate: 0-1200BPM/0-1800BPM/0-2300BPM/0-2900BPM
- IP56 compliant
- Bolt Capacity: 15/32″ to 1-3/16″.
- High Tensile Screw Capacity: 3/8″ to 15/16″.
- LED light
- belt hook
- Protective bumper
- Length: 8.7 inches
- Weight: 8.8 pounds.
- Lifetime warranty (tool body)
- Price: $339 (bare tool)
Further information on the MultiVolt system can be found on the Metabo HPT website click here.